Best macaroni salad I have ever had!!
It is a colorful and tasty homemade macaroni salad made with hard cooked eggs, bell pepper and celery in a creamy dressing. I always get many requests for recipe. Enjoy!!
Amish Macaroni Salad
Ready In1 h 25 m
- 2 cups cooked macaroni (Cook the macaroni according to package instructions, with plenty of salted water, drain and rinse in cold water)
- 1 small onion, chopped ( I used Walla Walla Sweet Onions or Vidalia)
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- For Dressing:
- 2 cups creamy salad dressing ( I used Miracle Whip)
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, onion, celery, red pepper, and relish.
- In another bowl, stir together the salad dressing, mustard, white sugar, vinegar, salt and celery seed stir until blended well.
- Pour over the vegetables, and stir in macaroni until well blended.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.