Moist banana cupcakes, with a banana pudding frosting and vanilla wafer inside.
Banana Pudding Cupcakes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs ( large )
- 3 bananas ( medium, ripe )
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 24 vanilla wafer cookies
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees; line the cups of a standard (12-cup) muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together, then set aside.
- With the whisk attachment, beat the eggs for 20 seconds. Add in the sugar, and beat for 30 seconds. Then add in the oil and vanilla extract, and whisk for about a minute, or until fully combined. (The trick to perfect cupcakes is to NOT overmix)
- Turn mixer to low, then slowly alternate adding in the sifted ingredients and the buttermilk, ending with the flour. Whisk until JUST combined.
- Fill cupcake liners with batter to about 3/4 full. Place a vanilla wafer on top, and press slightly into batter. Bake for about 8 minutes. Turn oven down to 325 degrees, then bake for another 10 minutes.
**Reason for different temperatures: To get your cupcakes to rise with a perfect round top, you have to cook them for a couple of minutes at a higher temperature, then lower to cook the middle fully. Otherwise, your cupcakes will be flatter. If flatter cupcakes are desired, bake for 16-18 minutes at 350.
**Keep Cupcakes in Refrigerator until ready to serve.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 16 ounces pudding mix ( 1 package, banana )
- While cupcakes are cooling, in a mixer, whip sugar and heavy cream for about a minute till light and fluffy whipped cream is made. Add banana pudding mix, and whip until thick and creamy.
- Using a piping bag (or just a knife), place a thin layer of frosting on top of cupcakes, then place a vanilla wafer in the middle on top.
- Pipe more frosting on top.
- Add more banana