Butter Cake Bars. Do you have “go to” recipes you use all the time?
This next one is one of those. I almost always have Cream Cheese and Cake Mix on hand, and I know this next recipe is good and easy, so it’s one I turn to often in time of need. They’re called Ooey Gooey Butter Bars. They are so easy to make and always get devoured, so I make them quite often. I even recently made a Strawberry version and can’t wait to share it with you!
It takes vanilla cake mix, turns it into a soft, splendidly sweet base, then tops it with a truly delicious cream-cheese vanilla layer that bakes until the top is ever-so-slightly crunchy and everything underneath is like custardy and brilliant.
Take all of these parts and pieces, toss them together into Ooey Gooey Butter Cake Bars, and this recipe may be as good as dessert gets. Here’s how to make this incred recipe and have it in your mouth asap!
Butter Cake Bars
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 egg
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1 lb bag (about 3-3/4 cups) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the cake mix, melted butter, and 1 egg until a soft dough forms.
- Press into the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a stand mixer, combine together the cream cheese, 2 eggs, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread over the cake mix layer.
- Bake bars for 45 minutes, or until edges are golden brown,and the center has set to a soft consistency.
- Cool COMPLETELY before slicing into bars and serving.
Recipe from : Tablespoon