This Cajun Jambalaya Pasta recipe is one that will truly “wow” when you take the first bite. Loaded with flavor from all kinds of spices and ingredients. This pasta recipe uses chicken, sausage, and shrimp to create the ultimate jambalaya trio. This Cajun recipe uses a medley of spices to create a unique Cajun mix. This is the perfect dish to serve next time you have guests over.
Cheesecake Factory Inspired – Cajun Jambalaya Pasta
Serves: 6 People
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 50 min
- 1 lb. andouille sausage, or smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 lb. chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into 2? chunks
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 2 cups red salsa
- 1 6oz. can hot tomato sauce
- 32 oz. chicken broth, organic, low sodium
- 1 lb linguine pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 bunch of green onions
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- garlic bread
- Mix seasoning blend and set aside.
- Slice sausage and set aside. Rinse, pat dry chicken, dice into 2 inch chunks, place in a medium bowl.
- Season chicken with 1 tablespoonful of seasoning blend, mix well and set aside.
- In a large pot add butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add sausage and brown for 5 minutes. Add chicken and brown for 10 minutes more.
- Add all the vegetables to the pot, except garlic and season with half the seasoning blend.
- Cook for about 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Season shrimp with 1 tablespoon of seasoning blend and set aside.
- Add remaining seasoning blend to pot and mix well.
- Add broth, red salsa, and tomato sauce. Mix well. Bring mixture to a boil, stir, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pot.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover pot and cook for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, discard bay leaf, stir mixture, add shrimp, cover and cook about 10 minutes more.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package direction.
- Serve over pasta with a side of toasted garlic bread.