It’s tasty, filling, easy to make, and cheap! You can add bacon on top for a little extra flavor. I like this recipe also because because you can make it in advance , only put in the oven, so you don’t have to spend the whole time in the kitchen, and enjoy more family and friends.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Cheesy Sweet Corn And Broccoli Pasta bake.
- 2 large heads of broccoli
- 16 oz. penne pasta (cooked and drained)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 oz.) can sweet corn (drained)
- 1/2 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoon plain flour (all-purpose)
- 2 cups semi-skimmed milk, warmed
- salt pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish.
- Begin by chopping your heads of broccoli into individual florets.
- In a bowl mix the pasta cooked and drained, drained corn and florets broccoli. Put everything in casserole dish
- To make the sauce:
- Melt the butter in a pan, stir in the flour and cook, stirring over a medium heat for 1 min.
- Remove from the heat and gradually add the milk, stirring well after each addition.
- Return to the heat and bring to the boil, and cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from the heat, season with salt and pepper.
- Add three quarters of the cheese, stir until the cheese has melted.
- Put the sauce over the pasta, corn and broccoli, cover well.
- Scatter the remaining cheese on top.
- Cook for 20-22 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and begins to turn golden.
- Let cool 5 minutes before serving.