This creamy shrimp alfredo is a tried and true recipe that you will want to share with all of your friends and family. If you’re a fan of good quality jarred Alfredo sauce then you will go crazy over this creamy, rich homemade Alfredo sauce.
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
- Fettucine noodles
- Fresh garlic
- Heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY SHRIMP ALFREDO PASTA
Start by bringing a large pot of water up to a boil and salting it generously. Season the shrimp with salt, pepper, and paprika, then cook it for 1-2 minutes on each side in a hot skillet coated with oil. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set it aside. Add the butter, fresh garlic, and red crushed pepper. Cook for 10 seconds. Add the heavy cream and parmesan cheese, and season with salt and pepper. While the sauce thickens, cook the fettuccine in the boiling salted water according to packaging instructions. Toss the cooked pasta in the thickened sauce, add the shrimp, garnish with fresh parsley if desired, and enjoy!
TIPS FOR THE PERFECT PASTA
- I highly suggest using real butter and fresh parmesan cheese for this recipe. It makes all the difference! You can also add a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes for a little spice if desired.
- Make sure that your shrimp is peeled and deveined before cooking.
- Not a fan of fettuccine? Use any pasta that stands up well to a creamy sauce. Bucatini, spaghetti, and penne pasta are all great substitutions.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN THE PASTA IS DONE?
There’s really only one way to know if pasta is done, and that’s to taste it! Cooked pasta should be al dente, meaning firm to the bite, or literally “to the tooth” in Italian.
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp red crushed pepper optional
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb fettuccine pasta
- fresh parsley for garnish optional
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Season the shrimp with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Heat a large skillet with high sides over medium-high heat and add some oil.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- Add butter, garlic, and red crushed pepper to the skillet and cook until fragrant.
- Add the heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- While the sauce is thickening, add the fettuccine noodles to the pot of boiling water and cook according to the instructions on the package.
- When the pasta is cooked al dente, strain it from the water.
- Season the thickened alfredo sauce with salt & pepper.
- Stir in the cooked fettuccine and shrimp, add more parmesan cheese, garnish with fresh parsley if desired and enjoy!