Easy Beef and Pasta Soup
This is a recipe I came up with after having leftover roast and gravy. I often use meat from leftover roast, but of course, you don’t have to. It just makes it a little quicker to put together if you do! So substitute as you feel necessary with whatever beef you have on hand! This could also be made in the crockpot after sauteeing the meat and veggies. Just add the noodles to the crockpot about 30 minutes before the soup is done.
You can also make Homemade Egg Noodles for soup... here my recipe
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 1 hr 20 mins
- Servings: 6-8
Recipe by Food.com
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 lbs beef stew meat, cubed ( or use leftover meat from a roast or a combination of both)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper ( I like to use freshly ground black pepper)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cabbage, chopped
- 6 cups beef broth ( or use homemade beef stock)
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced Italian-style tomatoes or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, with juice
- 2 1/2 cups frozen egg noodles
- salt, to taste ( I use seasoning salt)
- In large stockpot over medium high heat, saute the stew meat, onion, celery, green pepper, garlic and carrots in butter for 5 minutes, or until meat is browned on all sides.
- Or if using leftover roast, saute until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the bouillon, cabbage, remaining seasonings, beef broth, tomato juice and diced tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover partially, and simmer for 45 minutes.