Pound cake and red velvet cake had a baby, and we’re so excited for you to meet it. The easy homemade cream cheese icing takes this one over the top!
Easy Red Velvet Pound Cake
Prep Time 10 min
Total Time 60 min
Red Velvet Pound Cake:
- 1 box (15.25 oz) red velvet cake mix
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 box (3.4 oz) chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 large eggs
Cream Cheese Icing:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a fluted tube cake pan with non-stick baking spray with flour.
- Stir the cake mix, flour and pudding mix together in a mixing bowl. Add the sour cream, oil, water and eggs. Using an electric mixer, beat on low speed for 15 seconds. Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake for 38-44 minutes until a wooden skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn the cake out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Sift the powdered sugar over the cream cheese, then add vanilla extract and milk and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a disposable pastry bag and pipe icing over top of the pound cake.
Recipe Image credit: Tablespoon.com