Bake this sweet monkey bread for a Valentine’s Day morning treat!
Valentine Monkey Bread
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cans (16.3 oz.)refrigerated Original biscuits
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 2-2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Valentine’s Day sprinkles, for topping (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a Bundt pan or 12-cup fluted tube with butter or cooking spray. In a large gallon-size food storage bag or large bowl, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Separate dough biscuits into 16 biscuits (8 biscuits per can); cut each biscuit into quarters, making 32 pieces.
- Add dough pieces a few at a time to bag (or bowl) of cinnamon sugar. Shake in bag to coat the dough. Arrange coated dough pieces in prepared Bundt pan.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and melted butter; pour mixture over biscuit pieces.
Place the Bundt pan on a baking sheet. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in the center.
- Meanwhile, add strawberries and butter to a saucepan and set on medium heat. Cook, stirring often until strawberries are soft. Add strawberries, strawberry jam and white chocolate chips (the heat from the strawberries will melt the white chocolate) to a blender and blend until completely smooth. Next, add 2 cups powdered sugar and blend again until smooth. If needed, add remaining 1/2 cup of powdered sugar to thicken the glaze.
- Remove the Bundt pan from oven. Allow bread to cool inverted in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully invert pan onto a serving plate.
Drizzle strawberry glaze over monkey bread. You may not need to use all of the glaze. Sprinkle with Valentine’s Day sprinkles and serve warm.
- Trademarks referred to herein are the properties of their respective owners.
Recipe Image credit: Tablespoon.com