Sure, you could go out to a big dinner for Valentine’s Day, but staying home and setting up a sweet little fondue course might be the most romantic idea around.
It’ll Melt Your Heart
Our Best Cheese Fondue Recipe
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 pound shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 pound shredded Gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (1 pound) loaf French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
Simmer wine in fondue pot. Add Swiss cheese, Gruyere cheese, 1/4 pound at a time. Stir after each addition of cheese until melted. Stir in flour. When all the cheese has melted, stir in salt and nutmeg. Serve with cut-up French bread.