Juicy and tender steaks topped with a thick parmesan crust. Elegant and delicious!
Parmesan Crusted Steaks
Yields makes 2 steaks
- 2 (8-10oz) steaks, (ribeye, new york strip, top sirloin, filet mignon, etc.)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- For the Crust:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes (or 1/2 tsp fresh)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Place top oven rack about 4 or 5 inches from top broiler. Turn top broiler on.
- Season steaks liberally with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients for the crust topping in a food processor and pulse until ingredients come together. Set aside.
- Heat a cast iron (or oven safe) skillet over medium high heat, add 1 tsp of olive oil to the pan and heat until it starts to smoke, swirl the oil around to coat skillet. Reduce heat to medium and place steaks in pan. Do not disturb the steaks for 1 minute. Flip steaks over and let sit for an additional minute.*
- Remove pan from heat and smear a couple tablespoons of the parmesan mixture over the top of the steaks. Place under the broiler for 2 minutes or until the tops are lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and enjoy immediately.