Pumpkin Streusel Pie
Traditional pumpkin pie gets an added boost from this delightfully nutty, spicy topping, for a bit of crunch and extra flavor.
- 1 unbaked pastry shell, 9-inch
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices, and salt. Mix well.
Pour pumpkin mixture into the unbaked pastry shell. Bake for 15 minutes.
For the streusel topping, in another bowl combine brown sugar and flour. Use a pastry blender or fork to cut in the butter until crumbly. Stir in chopped nuts.
Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Bake for 25 minutes longer. Sprinkle streusel topping over pie. Continue baking at 350° for about 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until golden brown and the filling is set.