Tomato, Spinach, Tortellini Soup.
I didn’t think soup could taste this good without cream! Super delicious. Super easy & filling. Add a couple of sticks of garlic bread & you have dinner.
Here is the Recipe: (adapted from food.com, by spatchcock)
Makes about 4 servings.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced onions (about 1/2 small onion)
- 6 cups Better than Bouillon chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 (12 ounces) package Barilla 3 cheese Tortellini (6 ounces)*
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 5 ounces fresh spinach (chopped coarsely)
- couple leaves of fresh basil (chopped coarsely)
- fresh oregano chopped (about 1/4 teaspoon)
- In a soup pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Saute the onion until translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add garlic & stir.
- Add broth and tomatoes, turn heat up to high, and bring to a boil.
- Add the tortellini and cook according to package instructions.
- When tortellini is almost done, add spinach, basil & oregano and taste, adjusting seasonings with salt and pepper.