Cheesecake doesn’t have to be complicated and hard. If you follow the proper techniques, it can be incredibly easy, and impressive.
Take your Nilla wafers and pulse in a blender until a fine crumb is made.
Mix with the melted butter and press into a lined cupcake tin.
Put the softened cream cheese & sugar into your mixer and mix until combined. Add the milk, heavy cream, sour cream, vanilla, and flour in and mix on low until fully incorporated. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix just until combined. Don’t over-mix after the eggs are added!
Place the batter into the cupcake tins.
Bake in a preheated oven. Bake at 350 until the centers are just set, or about 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and chill for several hours, or overnight.
To make strawberry sauce, hull and wash berries. Pulse in a food processor with sugar and vanilla until a sauce is formed. Spoon onto chilled cheesecake cups and garnish with a fresh strawberry.
Vanilla Cheesecake Cups
- 2 cups Nilla wafers, crushed
- 3 TBSP butter, melted
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese, room temp
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1/8 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 2 TBSP flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Place the Nilla wafers in a blender and pulse until they are fine crumbs. In a bowl, mix well with melted butter and press into cup cake tin lined with paper liners.
- Place cream cheese and sugar into your mixer and mix until combined. Add milk, heavy cream, sour cream, vanilla, and flour. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and mix JUST until combined.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until the middles are just set. Remove from oven and refrigerate until chilled.
- Make strawberry sauce by washing and hulling berries, and then mixing in a food processor with sugar until the sugar is absorbed into the sauce. Add vanilla and spoon onto strawberries. Garnish with fresh berries.