Serving a crowd? Treat your group of guests with this peach slab pie made using pie crust and cookie dough. A mouth-watering dessert that’s great served with a scoop of cinnamon ice cream!
- 20 min prep time
- 2 hr 0 min total time
- 6 ingredients
- 24 servings
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 9 cups frozen sliced peaches, thawed and drained (from four 10-oz bags)
- 1/2 roll refrigerated sugar cookies
Heat oven to 375°F. Remove pie crusts from pouches. On lightly floured surface, unroll and stack crusts one on top of the other. Roll to 17×12-inch rectangle. Fit crust into ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan, pressing into corners. Fold extra crust even with edges of pan. Crimp edges.
In large bowl, mix brown sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Stir in peaches to coat. Spoon mixture into crust-lined pan. Break cookie dough half into coarse crumbs; sprinkle evenly over filling. (Wrap and refrigerate other half of cookie dough for another use.)
Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbling. Cool on rack 45 minutes. Cut and serve.
- Make half a batch of sugar cookies with the remaining sugar cookie dough!
- Do you have a bunch of fresh peaches to use? Feel free to substitute the frozen with fresh in this recipe. Just make sure to drain them first, especially if they’re extra juicy!
Recipe Original from Pillsbury.