Your family will be delighted at the breakfast table when you serve these pumpkin cinnamon rolls
With this decadent cream cheese Cinnamon Icing
Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll with Cinnamon Icing
Prep: 30 min. + rising
Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Baking Yeast
- 1/2 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Icing
- 4-oz cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour and yeast; set aside. In a saucepan, heat and stir pumpkin, milk, sugar, 2 tablespoons butter and salt until warm (120°-130°) and butter is almost melted.
- Add to flour/yeast mixture along with egg.
- Beat on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Roll into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle.
- Melt remaining butter; brush on dough. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough.
- Roll dough, jelly roll style, starting with the longer side. Cut into 12 slices, 1 in. each.
- Place rolls, cut side down, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Prepare the Icing.
- Place cream cheese in your mixer’s bowl and cream for 1 minute.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar and continue to beat until well combined.
- Mix in cinnamon.
- Add vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Brush each roll with frosting.