A Buffalo wing, Buffalo chicken wing, hot wing, or wing, in the cuisine of the United States, is a chicken wing section (wingette or drumette) that is generally deep-fried, unbreaded, and coated in vinegar-based cayenne pepper hot sauce and butter in the kitchen. They are served hot, along with celery sticks and/or carrot sticks with blue cheese dressing for dipping.
Here’s an excellent Thai inspired appetizer, Sweet Chili Chicken Wings. This finger licking good chicken wings are pan-fried with garlic, then coated with sweet chili sauce, sambal oelek, and a few shakes of roasted sesame seeds. Yummy!
Sweet Chili Chicken Wings
- 6 (1 lb) Chicken Wings
- Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Rice Flour
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic, whole
- 2 tsp Roasted Sesame Seeds
- ¼ Cup Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Sambal Oelek or Sriracha
- Cut off the wing tips and discard (or, use them for stock). Divide each wing into two joints. Rub the chicken pieces of chicken pieces with, salt, pepper and toss with rice flour.
- Smash garlic cloves without peeling. Heat the oil in frying pan and add the pieces of the chicken and the garlic cloves. Fry until the chicken is golden. Then add the sauce, stir, add in the sesame seeds until well coated, and sticky.