Skillet Cookie and Vanilla Cream Sauce. Oh yes. That is one big skillet chocolate chip cookie.
Everyone loves a chocolate chip cookie, right? And do you know what’s better than a chocolate chip cookie? A GIANT chocolate chip cookie. Massive. We are talking huge.
I think chocolate chip cookies—warm and gooey—are one of life’s greatest comfort foods. They usually have a time and a place: rainy days, snowy nights, summer afternoons, and my favorite, the worst day ever. Everyone has a worst day ever. Sometimes they even occur weekly. Fortunately, chocolate chip cookies usually solve everything. Unfortunately for me, my time and place for chocolate chip cookies is … all the time and all of the places. But let’s pretend that’s a fabulous thing. Because it is.
Skillet Cookie and Vanilla Cream Sauce
Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6-8 Servings
- 10 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch cast-iron skillet with 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Add the remaining 8 tablespoons of butter and the sugars to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla, beating until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to a large bowl and mix to combine. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing on low. Add the chocolate chips and mix on low until just combined. Press the cookie dough into the prepared skillet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the edges are crisp and the cookie is golden and cooked through. Remove from oven. Serve warm topped with vanilla ice cream or Vanilla Cream Sauce
Vanilla Cream Sauce Recipe
- 2 cupsheavy cream
- 1/2 cupsugar
- 8 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine the above ingredients and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and continue to stir until mixture thickens slightly (approximately 10-15 min).
- Serve warm, or allow to cool and thicken further before serving.
- Once cool, keep refrigerated.