So yesterday I told you all that I would try another recipe for brownie brittle, using a boxed brownie mix. I really don’t like using boxed mixes, but I had to try this. YUM YUM. Passed some out at work….it was a hit….. I am warning you. It is addicting. This works greatly with a big scoop of ice cream (you choose the savor, for my lemon please! here’s a recipe)
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix, 18.4 oz
- 1/4 cup water plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Line a 12 x 17 baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix all the ingredients together and spread it as thinly as possible on the parchment lined baking sheet. It does not cover the entire baking sheet. Just make sure it is spread thin, like 1/8″. Bake at 300 for at least 20 minutes.
- Touch to make sure it is firming up. You may have to bake another 20 minutes or so. Test again.
- At this point I turned off the oven and left the sheet of brownie brittle in there for several hours to dry out.
- You will just have to test, test, bake, bake. once it feels dry and firm, and it has cooled down, break into pieces and devour it.