I cannot tell you how much I love this salad. I took it to a family lunch, everyone loved it but i was so happy when I had a little left over to take home, lol. so easy to throw together and much better than plain ‘ol pea salad!
Creamy Ranch Bacon Pea Salad
- 10 slices of bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 2 cups green peas, fresh (cooked in salted water for about 1-2 minutes)
- 2 cups chickpeas, canned
- 1 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups cashews, chopped
- 1 cup green onions, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl put: dijon mustard, ranch dressing, sour cream, salt and pepper mix together until completely blended. Set aside, we use it later
- Fill the bottom of a stockpot with 2 inches of water. Set up the steamer and put in the cauliflower florets. Cover with a tight fitting lid and steam over medium-high heat. Steam for about 5-7 minutes until, the cauliflower is tender but still has a crunch.
Cool completely in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine peas, chickpeas, celery, green onions, cashews, cauliflower and bacon in a large bowl until well mixed. Add the dressing and mix until everything is evenly coated.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.