This easy shrimp alfredo is an impressive dish that’s so easy to make! Penne pasta, shrimp, vegetables, and a creamy alfredo. What’s not to love?
Easy Shrimp Alfredo
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 6 people
- 1 (16 oz) box favorite pasta ( I used fettuccine)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced Coupons
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 (8 oz) package portobello mushrooms roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound medium/large shrimp peeled, de-veined, tails off
- 1 (15 oz) jar alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- cayenne pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- chopped parsley to garnish – optional
- Bring a large pot of salted/oiled water to a boil.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Once hot add in olive oil and butter.
- Once butter has melted add in diced onions. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until onions have started to soften.
- Add in red bell pepper and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- At this time, cook your pasta. Your pasta should finish at about the same time the sauce has been completed.
- Add in mushrooms and garlic.
- Add in shrimp and saute until the shrimp starts to turn pink.
- Stir in Alfredo, romano, and heavy cream and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in spices. Taste and re-season if necessary.
- Drain pasta and stir pasta into the sauce.
- Serve immediately with optional parsley!
Recipe ever so slightly adapted from All Recipes